[Interview②] Lapillus(라필루스) for Seoul Kyungje Interview | Chanty POV

 


Q: Chanty (real name Maria Chantal Videla) is already a famous teen star in the Philippines. I heard that you worked as an actor and a model at the same time.

Chanty: I am a rookie than a big star. I started acting training when I was 13 and started acting when I was 15. I worked in the Philippines until I was 17 years old.

Q: You're already active in the Philippines. But I wondered how you wanted to come to Korea and become an idol.

Chanty: K-pop and K-drama are really popular in the Philippines. I also like "Goblin", and IU sunbaenim's "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo". I also know "Descendants of the Sun". It is my habit to watch K-Drama and listen to KPOP songs everyday in the Philippines. At that time, I naturally thought, "I also want to do this.". By the way, I'm here now. If I had a good opportunity (to star Korean dramas), I would be surprised that "Chanty will appear in K dramas" in the Philippines. (laughs)

Q: There's another Filipino star in the KPOP idol. Sandara Park of 2ne1. At the debut showcase, You also mentioned the role model of Lapillus is 2ne1.

Chanty: Sandara sunbaenim is really famous in the Philippines. Even now, everyone likes Sandara when she comes to Philippines. Sandara sunbaenim woked as an actress in the Philippines and it was same company as me. I was really excited. 

Q: Have you actually met Sandara Park?

Chanty: I met her at the Korean Shop. I just greeted her "Hello", because I was so shy. I was trainee back then, so I thought I could introduce myself (as a trainee). I love you Sanda Park sunbaenim! (laughs)

Q: I've definitely felt that Shanti is a Filipino teen star. She was nominated for "The Most Beautiful Face in the World" in 2022. Did you know that?

Chanty: My family told me I was nominated. I'm still a trainee, but I was really surprised because all celebrities were candidates.

Source © Seoul Kyungje via Naver / Translated by: CHANTY GLOBAL

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad